WakaWaka seeks a highly motivated, creative and proactive Impact intern committed to contribute to our mission: sharing the abundant power of the sun with more than 1.2 billion people worldwide who live without access to light and power, and another billion who live with sporadic access at best. WakaWaka’s products not only cater to this group but to all of the seven billion women, men and children on the planet, regardless of age or geography, position or predicament. We believe that everyone has the right to access safe, affordable and renewable energy solutions.
As our Impact intern you will support our Impact Manager with collecting data of our social and environmental impact on the ground. We give you the opportunity to be part of a fast growing company committed to social impact in an environment where you will learn a lot about the day to day business of a social enterprise.
What will you do?
· Communicating on our impact is crucial for us. You will be coordinating with NGO’s to generate stories and pictures form WakaWakas impact on the ground.
· Researching & fact checking and ‘go to‘ for impact data on WakaWaka and the sustainability and development sector in general.
· Generate Impact Stories to share with our Agent’s of Light.
· Contribute to our Impact Reports & communication.
Who are you?
· You have an interest in WakaWaka’s vision and goal and are passionate to contribute.
· You are capable of building structure in a chaotic environment.
· You are creative, independent, flexible, responsible, analytical and practical.
· You have affinity with emergency relief, development aid, social entrepreneurship and sustainability.
· You like doing research, you like writing about the findings in an inspiring way.
· You have knowledge of the current debates in the development and sustainable energy sector.
What have you done?
· 3rd year WO bachelor/ master / or graduate.
· Field of study: social sciences / marketing / development studies / sustainability / international business / communication / or similar.
· Preferably experience with relevant work activities or projects next to study.
· Dutch or English as first language with above average knowledge of English and Dutch, spoken and written form.
· A dynamic young, enthusiastic and passionate team.
· Productive working climate; working hard and having fun go hand in hand.
· Lots of responsibility, free to give your own input.
· Satisfaction! And directly generate impact.
Need to know
· Reports To: Impact Manager
· Start Date: February 2017
· Position: 32 hours a week
· Duration: preferably 6 months (minimal 3 months)
· Remuneration: 350 euro for 40 hours
· Office location: Haarlem
Please send your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org